What’s this, what’s this? My first convention report? I finally finished processing all my photos? I finally got photos on photobucket without it crapping up on me? Huzzah!
A quick rundown of what I can remember:
- Got there around 9:10-ish, ran around for twenty minutes trying to find badge pickup
- Went to the dealer’s room with my sophisticated French man (Who will from now on be referred to as either Frenchie or Zub, but mostly Zub.)
- Saw Shingo at the J-list booth and chatted for a bit. Apparently Heisei Democracy’s “death” was caused by none other then World of Warcraft. Come back to us Shingo!
- Called some of my friendzies but they were putting on makeup or at home. Lame.
- Finally found Raine, who I haven’t seen in bit.
- Told Zub he better not watch Queen’s Blade. :B
- Got to meet Kurot at the Artist Alley! Bought her Anise and Arietta print. The last one too!
- Found a cool-looking Sheryl Nome cosplayer, who turned out to be none other than Dancing Queen!
- Wanted to go to the MangaGamer booth (Their new mascot is cute!) to get one of those fans, but it was 18+ only. Should have made Zub do it. Oh well.
- Finally caught up with KuroAce and LittleKiwiGirl. Went to their hotel room while dressed in cosplay and looking like a freak
- Was picked up by other friends in the area who were buying fireworks from Chinatown. Ate ramen at Little Tokyo while still looking like a freak. But it was okay because other cosplayers from the convention were there too.
- Got back to the convention when my sister already started watching the AMV contest, so I sat around and talked with Zub for 3 or 4 hours. We also played Time Crisis in the arcade but I sucked.
So, in conclusion, it was a day of meeting, chatting, and heartburn-inducing ramen eating. It didn’t feel as “anime convention” like as in previous years but it was still a load of fun.
Photos that deserve special mentioning:
Before I start, I’M SORRY MY CAMERA IS SO BAD. ;________; I wish the photos could be brighter.
Raine being super cute. (pssst. She has super pretty model pictures in her deviantart. Why are my friends so pretty omg)
DANCING QUEEN! 8D Ain’t she so beautiful and cool!?
Uh oh, looks like my wig was starting to give way. QAQ
Found at the AAA anime booth. WANT SO BAD.
Oh yeah, and this is Zero who worked with me and my sis for endless hours of sewing. She is super kyoot too. I didn’t see her that day so I just nabbed this off her facebook lol (With permission, of course)
And now, a storm of cosplay photos~
I like this shot because it’s all sunny and nice
Gordon Freeman in front of a pink house. This totally made Zub’s day. He’s not an anime fan by any means, but he plays his fair share of games. (Wait, so why did he go to AX you say? To accompany me of course ❤ ) Unlike Lightningsabre, I did not manage to convert a non fan to otakudom. I actually think I traumatized him just a little bit. (Actually it was the crossplayers lol)
I forgot to ask what video this is from:
Last but not least, LOOT! I also got Strawberry Marshmallow vol. 4 but it forgot to photgraph it.
Print from Kurot
Directions of Destiny vol 2.1. The book on the left was purchased 3 years ago. He finally got another out after all these years! xD
Buttons from Aka-Shiro
The doujin I got was Atasai. I downloaded it ages ago and I was so happy to find it in the box of Touhou doujinshi! There was more that I wanted but unfortunately doujinshi over here costs an arm and a leg.
Holy crap, this post took a LONG time. How do some of you guys do it? D:
Hmm… I think this post makes the relationship between Zub and me painfully obvious. ^^;